Graduate Teaching Assistants
Elsley Primary School, Wembley, Brent
Salary: NJC (2021 rates) scale points 3 - 4: Pro Rata £18,887 - £19,264 + LW £2,013 (pro rata)
Full Time, Contract duration: 1 year, with possibility to extend to 22 months.
35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year, pro-rata.
Are you considering a career in teaching?
Do you believe in the power of education to transform lives?
We are looking for strong role models, committed to lifelong learning, who will develop positive relationships with colleagues, parents and children.
You will gain valuable experience and we will give advice and support about routes into teaching.
Deadline for applications: noon on Monday 4th July;
Interviews by arrangement Job start September 2022
At Elsley we value high-quality learning and achievement, together with an ethos of sharing and respecting.
You will have:
- A caring approach to working with children
- The ability and willingness to support a child or children with a diverse range of abilities
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to show creativity and flexibility within the learning environment
- A desire to continue your own self development
We are a school with:
- an admirable track record in supporting graduates to train as excellent teachers
- a supportive, positive ethos for staff and pupils
- an exciting, dynamic school with many learning opportunities for staff
- effective behaviour systems which ensure pupils are well behaved and learn well
- a strong, established leadership team to give support, coaching and mentoring
- a wide network of excellent partner organisations
During COVID, informal telephone conversations are welcomed, in place of a physical tour. Please email or leave a voicemail to request a call back.
Application forms to be submitted electronically to email@example.com
Please click these links and use the following attachments:
(1) Job advertisement
(2) Job Description and
(3) Shortlisting Criteria/ Person Specification for the post you are applying for.
(4) Application Form
(5) Recruitment Privacy Notice
Please clearly state which position you are applying for at the top of the Application Form
and where you first saw the advertised vacancy.
You should use the person specification to show how you meet the shortlisting criteria.
To arrange a visit, or if you have any further enquiries, please contact us.
Interviews by arrangement.
Elsley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Prior to appointment, the successful applicant will be required to successfully pass our vetting checks
including an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service