School Business Manager (SBM)
School Business Manager (SBM)
Salary: Brent PO3, points 40-43: £37,295 - £40,088 (pay revision April 2018), Permanent
Weeks worked: 43 weeks per year (term time plus 4 weeks) with an element of flexibility
Dates: Apply by 12noon, Monday 23rd April 2018. Job start: negotiable
At Elsley, we value high-quality learning and achievement,
together with a powerful moral development of sharing and respecting others.
Do you have excellent financial, business, strategic, leadership and management skills?
Are you committed to our vision and values?
Would you like to play a key role in leading our future development?
We are looking for a successful school business manager with highly-developed inter-personal skills to join our team, as we continue our expansion
to four forms of entry. If you can offer strategic leadership in the areas of finance, human resources, premises, administration, and health and safety,
and if you are excited by challenge, we want to hear from you.
We have recently moved into new buildings with excellent facilities. Staff are committed to improving the life chances of all of our pupils and families.
Together we are focused on making a positive impact and our children are at the heart of everything we do.
- be nurturing and sensitive, professional and receptive to new ideas and approaches
- have excellent leadership, teamwork and communication skills
- have experience and ideas for generating income
- have knowledge and experience of financial management and be an excellent negotiator
- apply your organisation skills, innovation and sense of purpose to help develop school policies and practice
We are a school with:
- a supportive and welcoming atmosphere
- children who are happy and eager to learn
- excellent new facilities
- a learning community and a strong commitment to developing everyone
- an established, stable and dedicated staff
- a strong leadership team giving you opportunities for further development and support
- a network of external partners
We strongly welcome visits prior to application, please call the school to make an appointment.
Please click on the following attachments:
(1) Cover letter
(2) Job advertisement
(3) Job Description
(4) Person Specification
(5) Application Form
Please clearly state which position you are applying for at the top of the Application Form
and where you first saw the advertised vacancy.
You should use the person specification to show how you meet the shortlisting criteria.
Completed application forms should be submitted to email@example.com
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 23rd April 2018
Shortlisting: on Monday 23rd April 2018 and those called for interview will be notified shortly afterwards.
Interviews: week commencing April 30th 2018 or week commencing May 7th 2018
Elsley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Prior to appointment, the successful applicant will be required to successfully pass our vetting checks
including an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.